Next workshop: TBD
- XXXVIII INSNA Sunbelt Conference on Social Network Analysis | June 26-July 1, 2018 | University of Utrecht, The Netherlands (Online program)
- 9th UAB Summer School on Theory, Methods and Applications of Personal Networks | July 3-7, 2017 | Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
- Socio-centric and ego-centric network analysis with R | June 27-18, 2017 | Institute of Health and Society, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
- 2nd EUSN European Conference on Social Networks | June 14-17, 2016 | Sciences Po Paris, France.
- XXXVI INSNA Sunbelt Conference on Social Network Analysis | April 5-10, 2016 | Newport Beach, California, USA.
- 8th UAB Summer School on Theory, Methods and Applications of Personal Networks | July 6-10, 2015 | Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
- XXXV INSNA Sunbelt Conference on Social Network Analysis | June 23-28, 2015 | Brigthon, UK.
- 1st EUSN European Conference on Social Networks. | July 1-4, 2014 | Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
This workshop is an introduction to the R programming language for statistical computing, and the tools it offers to represent, store and manipulate egocentric network data; to visualize ego-networks; and to conduct compositional and structural analysis on large collections of ego-networks. No previous familiarity with R is required. Topics include: Short introduction to ego-network research and data; introduction to data structures and network objects in R; visualizing ego-networks; calculating summary measures on ego-network composition and structure; converting your ego-network measures to general R functions; applying your functions to many ego-networks in few lines of code; “split-apply-combine” with the tidyverse suite of packages. We’ll cover both base R functions and specific packages, including igraph, network (from statnet), dplyr and purrr (from tidyverse).
Contents (Sunbelt 2018)
Feedback from participants
Go to feedback page.